Mission Farmers Markets New Zealand’s mission is to:
foster the ongoing development of farmers markets in
As part of this overall purpose, the national organisation (FMNZ) exists to:
· Spread passion for fresh, local, authentic food, by educating people and groups and engaging with (or lobbying) local government or national bodies.
· Protect and develop the Farmers Market brand, and brand values of authenticity, local, fresh food produce.
· Act as a mentor to local Farmers Markets, sharing knowledge and information.
· Progress the common interests of FM members.
· Facilitate excellent communication between markets and with consumers.
· Support local market managers to help local markets be successful.